About Relay for Hope
Join Send a Cow’s virtual relay!
that will take us on a virtual relay from the UK to Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Zambia.
Registration is easy and costs just £12.70.
Your sign up fee represents the average carbon footprint of a UK adult (12.7 tons per year) and will help families fight hunger and the climate crisis.
Walk, run or cycle your target distance between 1st January and 31st March 2022. When setting your distance, be ambitious! Leave the car at home and cut carbon too.
Log your miles on the Strava app to see where you place on our top steppers leaderboard!
Every £60 raised could help three families so they can stand up to extreme weather and grow enough to fight hunger. Get sponsored and see if you can top our fundraising leaderboard!
When you've finished, don't forget to pass on your virtual relay baton by challenging a friend to take part!
Pass on the relay baton
Once you've completed your goal distance, pass on your virtual ’relay baton’ to a friend, colleague or family member to encourage them to also take part! You could even create your own team for the event – click here to set your team up and see how many miles you can achieve together.
Why the pass-it-on principle is important to Send a Cow
Passing on knowledge is fundamental to all Send a Cow projects. We ask all of our farmer families to pass on a gift at the end of their work with us.
This normally involves passing on the first female offspring of their gifted animal from Send a Cow, to another family in their community. Or if the family receives a beehive, they pass on money from the first harvest of the honey that they sell at market. Our farmers also pass on the skills they learn, such as sustainable farming techniques, to their neighbours. Skills and knowledge to fight hunger for the long-term are then passed from community to community and generation to generation.
- £12.70 your registration fee represents the average UK adult’s carbon footprint of 12.7 tons per year.
- 6 checkpoints every step you take will help us to virtually travel across Africa between six checkpoints. As we reach each checkpoint, you’ll unlock inspirational stories from families living on the front line of the climate crisis.
- 8 hours the length of time Anguwaliw’s children spend walking to and from school each day.
- £60 sponsorship could help three families with the tools, seeds and training in sustainable farming, soil health and rainwater harvesting so they can stand up to extreme weather and grow enough to eat.
- 100s of virtual 'relay-ers' waiting to connect with you over at our Send a Cow Strava community.
- 60 million footprints for good represents our target of 30,000 miles, virtually travelled between the UK and our checkpoints in Africa.
Register to join our virtual relay across rural Africa. Walk, run or cycle any distance.
Get fit, cut carbon and help families in rural Africa fight hunger and the climate crisis. Your support could help three families with the tools, seeds and training in sustainable farming, soil health and rainwater harvesting so they can stand up to extreme weather and grow enough to eat.